Well, I turned another year older last Saturday, one more until I hit a quarter of a century. LeMar and I started the celebration Friday with a dinner at Olive Garden, just the two of us. Alyssa was at church for baby sitting where they offer "Parent's Night Out" once a month, child care from 6-10p for only $5. After dinner, we wandered around PC for a bit, then we went home and I got to open my presents. LeMar gave me a new iPod nano, the Nike+ attachment, and new running shoes! I had to open them Friday night so I could use them on my birthday when we did a 5k together as a family along with some of my friends from work. Alyssa enjoyed must of the race from her jogging stroller, but she did get a little fussy towards the end. She and I finished somewhere around 28:30, and LeMar came across the line a few minutes later. After the race we all went to IHOP for some delicious pancakes. Next we went to a picnic with my lab group at work. Then we came home and got some book shelves from some friends. We bought the shelves from them for the price of baby sitting their little rugrat sometime in the future. I rounded out the day with some homework since I had played instead on Friday night.
Also, I took my PFT this past Monday. Although I wasn't required to take it until December 21st, 6 months after Alyssa was born, I knew I was ready to take it and I figured I might as well knock it out so I wouldn't have to worry about injuries or anything. Well . . . I maxed it with a run time of 10:45. Our commander rocks: since I got a 100% he'll give me a two day pass!
6 years ago

Rock on!! Love you and please don't hate me for forgetting. My head has been anywhere and everywhere lately!! I love you!!!
ReplyDelete