Happy Labor day family and friends! Thanks to the glorious employer God has blessed me with, the good ol' Air Force, I have a four-day weekend! Sadly, my husband has a one-day weekend on Monday, but hey, up until yesterday, I thought we wouldn't share a day off at all over the next four days.
I have been assigned to the "Air Team" in the "Airbase Sciences Branch (MLQL)" of AFRL. Yup, "MLQL" doesn't really stand for anything. It is NOT an acronym. I didn't even know the AF had non-acronyms. At any rate, I will be working on either an atmospheric chemistry project or a geopolymer project. I could possibly do some of both. I'm preparing for a simulated deployment right now. Four of my fellow CGOs at AFRL-Tyndall and I will be joining other CGOs from the larger AFRL for a 2 week exercise held at Ft. Dix, NJ. I get to pretend to be deployed basically. There are several reasons AFRL does this for their people, but the benefit for me is a lot of free stuff. I've been given Gortex pants and a jacket, 2 new pairs of boots, 5 pairs of socks, reflective belt, flashlight, and 4 T-shirts all FREE and all mine to keep. I keep hearing the exercise really sucks, but like much of the things in the military, it is very beneficial to have a positive attitude. I will be TDY from September 12 - 28.
LeMar has been plugging away at school and work. He has gotten his Police Academy uniform and will start wearing that to class daily next week. His uniform consists of combat-like boots, solid black BDU pants (un-bloused), a royal blue polo shirt with a police academy emblem, and a terrible, old-farmer style (no offense), blue hat with foam front, mesh back and an ugly braided rope across the base of the bill. I'll try to get a picture up soon.
Please keep us in your prayers as our hunt for a Baptist church home continues to be challenging. We have yet to find one where we can get connected with people close to us in age and stage of life. There are two Catholic churches within a reasonable distance; each is unique and enjoyable. The deciding factor between these will be a timing issue with the Baptist service we find.
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment